This is how youÂ insert a PDF file using theÂ standard installation of Joomla with the default text editor TinyMCE.
1. Upload the PDF file to a folder in the Joomla Media Manager.
Joomla 1.6Â and later : Joomla administrator > Content menu > Media Manager
Joomla 1.5Â Joomla administrator > Site menu > Media Manager
Browse and select your file then clickÂ “Start Upload” button
2. When the file has uploaded, the Media Manager will alert you like this:
You will see your uploaded file in the right hand side of the Media Manager:
2. Â Select “Detail Veiw” to see the full name of your file
The path to the file is:
3 Open your article
4. You should create a text like “The PDF file” or whatever you would like as your link text.
Select the text and click the link icon in TinyMCE (the standard text editor in Joomla).
5. Now, paste in the link you created earlier (to your PDF file). Click “Insert”.
The link to the PDF file has been inserted into the article and you can save the article as you normally would.