This article showsÂ Joomla! 1.5Â Administrators how to change permissions in the Joomla! back end to avoid issues that prevent the placing of YouTube or other code into an article.
- Make sure you are logged in to Joomla! (http://www.yoursite.com/administrator) as aÂ Super Administrator.
- Click onÂ ContentÂ >Â Article ManagerÂ in the menu or the Article Manager icon in the Control Panel.
- Click on theÂ Parameters iconÂ in the Article Manager menu on the right. A screen will appear called Articles (Global Configuration).
- Scroll down toÂ Filter OptionsÂ (at the bottom).
- Click in the table and select the users that you wish to be unable to embed HTML into their posts eg All of the Public Front End i.e. Registered, Author, Editor, Publisher.
- Click the radio button next toÂ Blacklist (default). This will blacklist those users but enable the unhighlighted users to embed HTML code into pages and posts.
- Scroll to the top of the Articles (Global Configurations) screen andÂ click Save.